Returns Policy for Silverware
Cooling off period
When you order from us online, you are entitled to a cooling off period when you can return your goods without any penalty. Our cooling off period is 30 days, which includes any statutory cooling off period.
This period starts the day the contract is agreed (i.e. you receive an email from us saying we have despatched your order) and ends 30 days after the day following delivery of the goods.
Certain items are excluded from the cooling off period guarantee, unless we are at fault. These are personalised or engraved items.
How to return an item
There are two easy ways to return your items.
1) Return to our Flagship Store in London, Mayfair, UK for immediate refund
This is the quickest way to return items. What you need to do:
• Place the items in their original presentation boxes.
• Take the items and despatch note you received with your order to the EIC Flagship store.
• If they are in their original condition we will process the refund or exchange for you.
• If you want a refund, make sure you bring the credit/debit/gift/insurance card that you used to place the order online.
• If the items were a gift to you then you will be reimbursed with gift cards.
2) Return by UPS:
You can return items to us free of charge – the card you used to pay will be refunded within 28 days.
What you need to do:
• Contact Customer Services on +44 (0)20 3205 3391
• We will send you a letter with pre-paid labels to attach to your parcel so postage will be free.
• Place the items into their original presentation boxes and make sure the parcel is sealed securely. You should also place a copy of the despatch note you received with your order into the parcel.
• For refunds: once we have assessed the items, the money will be put back on to the credit/debit card that was used to place the order online.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Cancelling an order before despatch
If you change your mind after placing an order, you can cancel it at any time before we despatch it. Please see the Contact us page for our telephone number. You will need to give us your name and address details, as well as your order number to cancel your order.
If you cancel part of an order the postage and packaging charge is recalculated on the price of the goods you keep.
The procedures, set out here, to cancel an order or return an item do not affect your right to reject faulty goods. Further information can be found at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk. If you do receive a faulty item, please follow one of the procedures outlined above.
Returning a gift
Cash refunds for gifts can only be made to the payment card used to purchase the goods. So if you buy a gift online, the recipient will not be able to get a cash refund if they want to return the goods. If a recipient does want to return gifts, we will exchange them for Gift Cards of the value of the gift within the cooling off period.